Dear ACCS Members,
Greetings from Singapore! This is Shaohai, the new ACCS Newsletter Editor. As the 2019 Spring Newsletter for ACCS is arriving soon, I'm writing to solicit your help with passing on any of the following information.
Any good news you want to share with the community?
· Books, book chapters, and journal articles published in or after November 2018;
· Conference presentations and keynote speeches in or after November 2018;
· Promotions, new jobs, or moves;
· Awards and honors;
· Anything else you'd like the community to know about you.
Any other information that would be of interest to ACCS members?
· Have a call for papers you want to share?
· Know of an interesting research opportunity?
· Want to promote a position opening on your campus?
You can share any of the above information (and more) by sending your item(s) to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 3, 2019. Items can be submitted as a simple text, a Word document or a pdf file.
Thank you for your time and support. Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Shaohai Jiang, Ph.D.
Department of Communications and New Media
National University of Singapore
Tel: (65) 6516-2002
Dear ACCS members,
I hope your semester is coming to a satisfactory conclusion.
Please join us for the 6th WeChat brown bag discussion focusing on big data in journalism and communication. The panel is scheduled on 8-9 pm, Friday, May 3rd (EST). Three distinguished scholars will share their perspective on the emerging opportunities and difficulties in the age of big data, including Dr. Hairong Li from Michigan State University, Dr. Lei Guo from Boston University, and Dr. Dehuan Liu from Peking University.
Please contact Dr. Qinghua Yang (Q.YANG@tcu.edu) If you wish to join the WeChat group.